Monday, January 18, 2010

No Questions Asked

I'm sure most of you saw the National Championship football game between Alabama and Texas (Roll Tide!). If you did, then I'm sure you saw Colt McCoy's statement at the end of the game.

What he said has really stuck out in my mind for the last few weeks.

"I always give God the glory. I never question why things happen the way they do. God is in control of my life. And I know that if nothing else, I'm
standing on the Rock."


Colt McCoy, University of Texas Quarterback


That is an awesome statement of faith.

How many times do we question God? We pray for something to happen and when it doesn't come about as fast as we wanted or it doesn't happen like we planned, we start asking God why.

What if we had a "no questions asked" kind of faith? What if we spent less time asking questions and more time listening for direction? How much more could we accomplish for God that way?

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment