Friday, September 6, 2013

My Ultimate Bucket List

Everybody seems to have a bucket list these days.  They pin things they want to do to Pinterest boards and post them to Facebook and Twitter, but how many people actually do those things?  There are lots of reasons why they don't get done.  Money, time, responsibilities...  But those things must be important to people, right?  Why else would they make it onto a list of the most important things that person wants to do before he or she dies?



Here's my ultimate bucket list - 100 things that I want to do in this life.  The items on this list range from silly little wishes to major life goals.  I'm sharing my list here, and I will come back to this post and cross these things off as I do them...  What would make it onto your bucket list?

1.  Get a college degree
2.  Go to a game at every MLB stadium
3.  See Peyton Manning play football in person
4.  Have an article published in a magazine
5.  Lead a person to Christ
6.  Have a guy sweep me off my feet
7.  Dance with my Daddy at my wedding
8.  Visit every state in the US
9.  Learn to make homemade bread
10.  Learn to play golf
11.  Write a novel
12.  Have my own house/apartment
13.  Go to an Alabama/Auburn game in Tuscaloosa
14.  Go to an Alabama/Tennessee game in Tennessee
15.  Spend a summer working as a mascot for a baseball team (MLB or Minor League)
16.  Take a group of kids on a mission trip
17.  Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
18.  Run a 5k
19.  Own a pair of real diamond earrings
20.  Go to Italy
21.  Go to Germany and do the Grimm's Fairytale Tour
22.  See Westminster Abbey
23.  Go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City
24.  See a play on Broadway
25.  See Romeo and Juliet (preferably at Shakespeare's Globe in London, but any live play will do)
26.  Get really dressed up and go out dancing at a really fancy, piano lounge type place
27.  Support a child through Compassion International or World Vision
28.  Kill my first deer (I've been hunting with my grandfather since I was little, but I've never killed one)
29.  Learn to sew
30.  Go to a wine tasting
31.  Go eat at some of the places Guy has visited on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (like The Shed in Ocean Springs, MS)
32.  Write a cookbook (even if it's just for my family and never gets published)
33.  Watch all the Star Wars movies
34.  Read all the Harry Potter books
35.  Take a fun art class (photography or painting, maybe?)
36.  Go to a rodeo
37.  Have my own child/children
38.  Host a big family dinner at my own house (like Thanksgiving or Christmas)
39.  Coach little league baseball with my husband
40.  Be kissed in the rain
41.  Make a difference in someone's life
42.  Go to Vegas
43.  Read through the entire Bible
44.  See the Grand Canyon
45.  Drive through a giant redwood tree in California
46.  Learn to make Aunt Sarah's fruit cobblers
47.  Start my own family tradition (like counting down to Christmas by reading a different book each night or something)
48.  Learn to play the piano
49.  Go ice skating
50.  Get snowed in at a cabin in the mountains
51.  Be healthy/happy with my body
52.  Cook a beer can chicken (I have always wanted to try this.  I have no idea why.)
53.  Eat at Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, GA
54.  Eat at Bobby Flay's Burger Palace in New York
55.  Go deep sea fishing
56.  Milk a cow  (Another thing I have always wanted to do, for some unknown reason.)
57.  Learn to play pool
58.  Master making my grandmother's biscuits
59.  See the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway Park
60.  Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
61.  Go to Passion in Atlanta
62.  Teach a creative writing class
63.  Make and decorate a wedding cake for somebody
64.  Spend way too much money on a Michael Kors bag
65.  Get a full body massage
66.  Completely spoil my future nieces and nephews
67.  Actually print out and scrapbook the pictures from a big event instead of just leaving them on the computer
68.  Find an amazing antique piece of furniture at a flea market or yard sale and refinish it
69.  Go to an opera
70.  Meet one of my favorite anons from Twitter
71.  Have a house with a pool in the backyard
72.  Go to Dickens Downtown in Northport
73.  Go to the Kentuck Arts Festival
74.  Go to Canton Flea Market
75.  Play paintball
76.  Go to Hollywood
77.  Learn to surf
78.  Go skinny dipping
79.  Run the Color Run
80.  Ride on a train
81.  Visit the White House
82.  Go to a Drive In Movie
83.  Kiss under mistletoe
84.  Build a treehouse with/for my kids
85.  Learn ballroom dancing
86.  Pay for a stranger's dinner
87.  See the Northern Lights
88.  Go on a carriage ride in Central Park
89.  Go to the Museum of Modern Art
90.  Take my kids to Disney World
91.  Fly first class
92.  Visit Loch Ness in Scotland and look for the Loch Ness Monster 
93.  Go to Casa de Giulietta in Verona and leave a letter for Juliet
94.  Go to the Sam Adams brewery in Boston
95.  Share a romantic picnic with the guy I love
96.  Make a time capsule (maybe with one of my classes once I start teaching?)
97.  Go on a date and order dessert first
98.  See a World Series Game
99.  Sing karaoke with friends
100.  Go to the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville

I realized a few days after writing this that I left off one very important thing, so I am adding one more...

101.  See the September 11th Memorial in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment