Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

I am not typically one to be warm and fuzzy and share sappy sentiments. In fact, I know that I can be hypercritical about most things. But I do love the season of Thanksgiving. So, without getting too sappy, here's a list of the things I am most thankful for...

  1. My parents, for everything
  2. My little brother, for making me laugh on a daily basis
  3. My grandparents
  4. My extended family
  5. My church family from Springfield, Fayette, Sulphur Springs, and Mt. Harmony
  6. The opportunity I had to be involved with children's ministry at Sulphur Springs
  7. MUW and my great professors
  8. My mentor teachers at New Hope
  9. My retail job (even on days like Black Friday)
  10. My Aunt Wanda, for being the best roommate ever
  11. The ability to cook (especially Thanksgiving specialties like turkey and dressing)
  12. My (ever growing) book collection
  13. Baseball, a.k.a. The Greatest Sport Ever
  14. Alabama Football (Roll Tide!)
  15. America and all the soldiers who have sacrificed their time and lives so that I can enjoy my freedom
  16. Country music (especially the old stuff)
  17. Being Southern
  18. Big, comfy sweatshirts
  19. Family recipes that have been handed down for generations
  20. Family traditions

No comments:

Post a Comment