Thursday, January 23, 2014

Devotion from AdvoCare Day 2

I didn't have time to upload this yesterday, but I found a great devotion on K-LOVE's Facebook page yesterday as part of their #30daysofprayer4newlife campaign. This prayer was written by Amanda Carroll, and it really spoke to me on multiple levels:

Father, help me not to cling to the old things in my life that I enjoyed but were a distraction from my relationship with You.

For Jesus said, "Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity." (John 12:25)

Lord, I know You want us to experience joy, just not at the expense of sinning against You. Father, show me how to love the life I live. Not the one that I design, but the one You have planned for me.

I love this prayer! I think that it is so powerful and so true. We live in a fast paced world that offers us many distractions. It is easy to get caught up in things. Even things that are not wrong or harmful in themselves can be dangerous for us if we allow them to take over our lives.

Food is a great example. Food is a necessary part of life. It is something that God created to provide us with nourishment and pleasure. If we weren't supposed to enjoy eating, why do you think God made such tasty things? But food can become a problem if we allow it to become too important or try to use it to fill a void in our lives that it should not fill.

This prayer can also talk about toxic relationships, TV time, money...ANYTHING that you allow to distract you from God. We need to daily surrender those things.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on writing, great job!

    my blog mybostonseo - services - mybostonseo.com -

    ReplyDelete