Thursday, September 26, 2013

Going to the chapel (someday)

I am destined to be around weddings, apparently.  I have worked as a Bridal Registry Consultant, a cake decorator/caterer's assistant, and a floral designer's assistant.  I have seen weddings from every angle, except from the perspective of a bride.  Still, I have learned a lot from the brides that I have worked with in the past few years.  Between that and the joy of Pinterest (I spend WAY too much time looking at Pinterest!), I have managed to plan a pretty fantastic wedding.  Here are my top ten things that I MUST have at my wedding.  Future husband, be prepared!

1.  A lace dress

I have a total obsession with lace.  I love it.  And when I get married, I will be taking advantage of the opportunity to wear lace from head to toe.



2.  Casual elegance

I've always wanted a simple ceremony where people feel welcomed and comfortable.  I don't want a super stuffy or extremely elegant atmosphere.



3.  An amazing (but simple) wedding cake

I'm a little picky when it comes to cakes, mostly because I have designed and made cakes for years.  I want my cake to be amazing, and most importantly, TASTE amazing!



4.  A themed groom's cake/table

My cake will be simple.  His needs to be amazing.  I want a cake that really shows who my groom is, but I also want to make sure that his table is what he wants.  I had a friend get married who wanted Pineapple Upside Down cake for his groom's cake because it was his favorite, but his bride wouldn't let him have it because it wasn't pretty enough.  It's his table, and whatever he wants, he's gonna get.



5.  Live music

I love live music.  I don't know if I want live music for the reception, when people are dancing, but I know I want a great little string quartet or something for the ceremony.  Maybe the Lamb Family?  They played at a friend's wedding a few years ago and were amazing.



6.  An amazing photographer

The biggest part of my budget for my wedding will be spent on a photographer.  This is the most important part for me.  Future husband, even if you don't like having your picture made, you're going to be in thousands of pictures on this day.  Be prepared.



7.  Burlap and lace

I love the casual elegance of this look. 



8.  Something blue

Duh.  You have to have something old (I have a little white New Testament that is supposed to go in my bouquet that I was given when I was born), something new (my groom will be responsible for this one), something borrowed (maybe my mother's veil?), and something blue (like my wedding date sewn into the hem of my dress).  I love blue.  It will be one of the colors of my wedding (unless something MAJORLY changes).




9.  Homemade favors

I want every guest at my wedding to feel special, so I'm planning to have lots of homemade goodies that they can take home.  Something like this...



10.  No family helpers

Lots of people in my family do weddings all the time.  My grandmother and my aunt both make wedding cakes, cater and have directed weddings before.  My uncle is a florist.  They are great at what they do, but I don't want this day to be stressful for anyone, so I am planning to have as few family workers as possible.  I have worked with bridezillas before, and I do not want to become one, so I am planning to have everything done ahead of time and have my family be as stress free as possible so they can enjoy my special day with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment